- Uses Py65 as CPU.
- Removes all debug ablities.
- No sound.
- Only some games are playable. The fire button would not work in some games.
- STELLA PROGRAMMER'S GUIDE
- Stella Integrated Debugger (a work in progress)
- Rockwell 6502 Programmers Reference
- The Overflow (V) Flag Explained by Bruce Clark
- atari 2600 programming specs, HTML version
- Atari 2600 Programming for Newbies
- The FPS varies depending on games, which are from 30 to 40 FPS. Because the sound may be affected by the speed of the game, i have to optimize the emulator first. Although the bottleneck is still in TIA, there are no places that can make a significant speed up. I decide to put everything together, which should have some better effects. The way putting everything together will make the codes in a mass, that's why i have to make a backup here for safety.
The Atari 2600 emulator performance distribution objects 30 FPS 40 FPS MOS 6507 12.04% 08.73% memory and memory map 06.32% 04.90% TIA total 76.08% 82.94% TIA get objects colors 48.40% 38.14% TIA collision detection 04.52% 04.90% TIA draw color 02.04% 02.45% PIA 6532 00.32% 00.29% cartridge 00.12% 00.10% controller 00.16% 00.39%
- My Atari 2600 emulator written in Python failure version 1
- Prediction for Atari 2600 emulator performance requirements
- The performance comparison for Atari 2600 instruction TAX
- My Atari 2600 emulator written in Python failure version 2
- My Atari 2600 emulator written in Python failure version 3
- My Atari 2600 emulator written in Python success version 1
- My Atari 2600 sound device emulator written in Python
- My Atari 2600 emulator written in Python success version 2